[at-l] "The Way Back", a Peter Weir movie

Mara Factor mfactor at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 11:06:11 CST 2011

Yes.  I became aware of the controversy a few years ago.  The book is now
being called a "novel" instead of a "memoir" and though Rawicz couldn't have
made the journey himself, there is apparently some evidence that others may
have.  Whatever the truth, I'm hoping for good cinematography even though it
was shot in Bulgaria and the Sahara rather than Siberia and the Gobi.  They
did shoot in the Indian Himalaya so the mountain scenery might be good and
worthy of the big screen.

Mara
Stitches, AT '99

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor