[at-l] (Damascus) Prosecutor declines to pursue charges

Mara Factor mfactor at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 08:10:43 CST 2011

It takes a long time for governments and laws to catch up with the times.  I
wouldn't expect much video conferencing in courtrooms anytime soon.

What is also unfortunate is that while I can understand how missing a week
or two of school or work and dredging up an incident they would like put
behind them can seem like a big deal now, in 5, 10, or 20 years, they may
look back and realize how small a sacrifice that would have been to put
criminals behind bars and prevent them from accosting others.

Hopefully, all of the other charges will go forward.  Perhaps if the
criminals get at least some time in jail, that may give them pause before
hurting others when they get out.

Mara
Stitches, AT99

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor