[at-l] On-line Companion

Sly slyatpct at aol.com
Sat Jan 29 13:08:20 CST 2011

How and when do you decide when the board should or not should take
action on it's own?  Should the membership approve each venue of the
Gathering or is the membership going to trust judgment of those putting
it together.

Over the years, I've heard it argued that we shouldn't be giving the
Companion away for free.  I'd like to know how you determined having it
available for free online sold more hard copies.  I do not believe any
such facts concerning the Companion exist.  In the future a "Kindle"
type version may be available to those that bought the hard copy, but if
I'm not mistaken that's a decision for the ATC to make as Publisher.

As an ALDHA member you'll still be able to receive the Companion in PDF
for free.

Over the years I've seen what happens to motions made on the floor.
Most get tabled until they're forgotten about.  As Companion Editor, I
thought of the idea, and was in the position to bring to the board, and
I did.  I know "change" isn't in your vocabulary Jim, but this will not
cost you, or any other member.  If anything, it's purpose is to increase
membership and possibly increase revenue for both the ALDHA and the ATC,
which in turn should help keep membership fees from increasing.

Sly