[at-l] ami

Mara Factor mfactor at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 10:40:25 CST 2011

So, with no iTuckerizing to be done yesterday, I went and hiked Mt. Willard,
a small mountain with spectacular views of Crawford Notch.  It's a popular
mountain so the trail was well packed and I didn't need snowshoes or
crampons.

I stopped at the A.T. crossing on my way back to N. Conway.  They plowed the
parking area at route 302 but they did not plow the road going to the upper
parking area.  I have to wonder how long that huge mountain of snow now
blocking the road to the upper lot will take to melt.

There were a couple of people just returning from a day hike to Ethan Pond
and the trail going towards Webster Cliffs was also well packed.  Hope those
folks have good crampons...

Anyone know of any southbound winter thruhikers this year?

Mara
Stitches, AT99

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor