[at-l] Fast hiking....

Sly hikertrash at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 20:30:16 CST 2011

Hi Cody Girl,

I suppose the best way explain it is to use words from the website.

www.aldha.org

/The Appalachian Long Distance
Hikers Association began in 1983
as an off-trail family of fellow
hikers who've all shared similar
experiences, hopes and dreams
on the Appalachian Trail <http://www.atconf.org> and
other trails. Membership in this
nonprofit group is open to all.

Besides the Companion, a quarterly Newsletter and a member directory, it
sponsors an annual Gathering held in various towns near the trail.  This
years Gathering will be held in Massachusetts for the first time at the
Mass School for Liberal Arts in North Adams.  Also this year, during
it's Friday night ceremony, 2011 2000-Milers will be recognized and
presented a patch and certificate  for their achievement from both the
ATC and ALDHA.   Lastly, it sponsors at least two work trip per year,
rehabbing and builting trail, or shelters, or helping hostels in need of
repair.

If you're never been to a Gathering, it's really a great time with
workshops and slide shows of various trails.  Each night there's a
campfire with free camping nearby.
/