[at-l] Record straight

Cody Girl codycodygirl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 21:34:14 CDT 2011

I am mortified.  About mid-day today I realized that I misrepresented my
hike in my comments yesterday.  I need to set it straight.  I said:

 "I took the purist route, as best I could.  I hiked past every white blaze,
carrying my pack."

The reality is that twice I took a blue blaze.  One was at the rock wall on
the north side of the lemon squeezer in NY, I could not climb that wall no
matter how hard I tried.  After some time of trying I took the "easy way"
painted in blue of course.  The second time was on my second to last day, in
Baxter Park.  There was no getting across that river, we walked a long way
up the bank but couldn't find a way across.  There was just too much water
for me to try it.

Both of these events are clearly told in my journal, yet for some reaon I
forgot about them last night.  I'm really embarrassed that I told you
that my hike was something it was not and I apologize for that.

Cody