[at-l] Record straight

Kinnickinichere@aol.com kinnickinichere at aol.com
Wed Jul 6 08:57:19 CDT 2011

Cody, if I make it all the way next year, my hike will be blue and white.  To me those blue blazes are the options that make this wondrous trail possible (hopefully) for some of us.  No apologies from me, and you needn't do any apologizing either.  To me those blues that you had to take fit the description of white.  Those judgmental people would have really had a frenzy of criticisms for you if you had fallen from the vertical climb, knowing that you were probably not going to be able to perform that daring feat, or drowned in your attempt to cross the river that clearly was beyond your capabilities.

This whole discussion reminds me of an evening of bridge in the late 50s.  One of our regular players was intolerant of goofs of his partners, who would be different each round.  When he jumped his partner for a supposed goof, someone else drowned him out with "Hey!  I thought this was supposed to be a GAME."  A little ironic, isn't it, that our GAME is viewed as something other than a beautiful journey along a carefully maintained corridor from Georgia to Maine (or vice versa).

Okay, Warren, I KNOW that it is not a beautiful journey.  I know that it is only a beautiful journey as we look back at its effect on our lives, but you do understand what I am trying to say, I hope.

Sawnie
(Kinnickinic)