[at-l] Engines

Chuck Covington chuckcov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 10:04:45 CDT 2011

For us who hike along the East Coast I don't think we are without engine
noise...just a different kind of engine.  I hike Old Rag yesterday and
sitting atop the summit I enjoyed the sound of birds and even the flies
buzzing about.  I absolutely agree with not missing the din of
civilization.  I've never felt more relaxed than when I layed out on top of
a boulder listening to Mother Natures song.

Side note...I only saw a half dozen folks out on Old Rag yesterday....very
pleasant surprise.  I started my hike at 7am so that may have been the
reason.  The lower lot was full of cars when I returned at noon.