[at-l] Hmmm...

Mark Hudson mvhudson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 17:14:34 CDT 2011

<<
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/06/11/connecticut.mountain.lion/index.html?hpt=hp_t2They
keep saying there aren't any in the east. This one must be the figment
of someones imagination... skeeter>>

Found the article I was looking for...  Summer 2011 issue of the Long Trail
News from the GMC, article 'Ghost Cats'.

The particular paragraph I was looking for is -

"The Same Animal?  The distinction between eastern and western cougar may
not mean much after all. Recent mitochondrial DNA research by Melanie Culver
of the University of Arizona and others does not support the traditional
classification of pumas into thirty-two distinct subspecies distributed
through North and South America. Molecular data indicates only six
subspecies, including just one for all pumas in North America"

skeeter