[at-l] Water! Re: Trail Day 2

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 25 10:25:00 CDT 2011

--- On Fri, 6/24/11, Ofahoma <ofahoma at aol.com> wrote:
> Had a fitfull but otherwise good night sleep last night.

### FM, you're posts are *wonderful*.
I spent 10 years slowly re-emersing into hikerdom, becoming an at-l regular, not realizing how lucky I was to have a fair wage and 3-weeks annual paid vacation with which to "adventure" (the verb) and generate stories and conversation and bona fides with which to navigate the hiking crowd.

Now, "Twenty-Eleven", I find I have been out *once* for more than 2 nights, since 2004. HOLY CRAP! HOW'D THAT HAPPEN?!?!?! Oh, the desire is still there, but kids' injuries one year, wallet injuries the next... "Oi!"

So I lurk, embarrassed by my lack of activity, feeling like I'm forgetting the *why* of it in the first place.....

And then the lucky opportunity hits, to read of your journey(s)....
Your notes hit on all cylinders. Water for the trail-thirsty soul.
PLEASE know your audience cheers you (and *thanks* you, for your wonderful writing)...

sloetoe
GA->ME'79
once-and-future hiker