[at-l] Fontana to Davenport Gap

Cutter cutter78 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 11:26:49 CDT 2011

The roughest day will be the first one. We go from Fontana to Spence Field,
which if memory serves me correctly is about 19 miles. That's followed by
stays at Mt. Collins and Tricorner Knob before hiking out at Davenport Gap.

Actually, to be truthful we might cut out two miles earlier and hike out on
the Chestnut Branch Trail. The mileage will be roughly the same, but the
shortcut will get us quicker to Big Creek Ranger Station where I'm leaving a
car.

We thought about trying to do this hike in three days, but I can't afford to
hire a helicopter to airlift me out, which would be required after that kind
of hike.