[at-l] Money talks

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Thu Jun 30 21:58:14 CDT 2011

On 6/30/2011 10:28 PM, Cutter wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 9:44 PM, Felix J
> <AThiker at smithville.net <mailto:AThiker at smithville.net>>
> wrote:
>
>     The day got even weirder after that!
>

> I think you made up that last sentence. You already had
> your full quota of weird for the day by then.

So, I get to the 'old house' (where John used to live...with
his soon-to-be-ex wife...but, he had lived there with a
previous wife...so, the soon-to-be-ex wife wanted to build a
new house...and, they did....and, now, the
soon-to-be-ex-wife lives in that old house again...by
herself....funny how life works out, isn't it?) where I run
into an extremely odd old fella we have...hmmm...working??
(that just doesn't seem to fit)...an old guy who shows up
and is sort of in the way and makes things more difficult to
do...yet, he gets a paycheck.  hey says "Elaine wants that
big tree out of that room! But, there's rocks and water and
stuff in it and I can't move it!"  So, another
guy...Tony...T-Bone...T.... shows up and I have him help me
with this palm tree. It's all shriveled and brown (though,
there are some new fronds). So, T and I wrestle around with
this thing...and, it's winning, for the most part.  Since
the thing was looking so rough and we knew Elaine wanted it
out of there, we got to a point where we weren't being very
careful with it. It was a two-trunker...and, by the time we
got it out, we had broken the foliage off both trunks. Not
what we wanted to do...but, the way it turned out. so, the
thing is sitting on the deck...just two trunks...and, the
old man comes up with this terrified look on his face and
said "What are we gonna do?? Elaine said she wants to keep
that one!!"  I looked at T and said "That would have been a
nice piece of information to have"