[at-l] Denny's

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Thu Mar 3 16:49:32 CST 2011

So....last night I was using Google Maps. I was trying to
see if i could find the campground just trail-west of where
the AT crosses Dennytown Rd in NY. So, I'm using that
'feature'....(which if frighteningly amazing) where it looks
like you're standing right in the middle of the road.  so,
I'm wondering if I'll be able to figure out exactly where
the AT crosses the road....and, I'm clicking and zooming and
zoom-clicking and all..."Hmmm...where is that crossing" I'm
thinking..."Oh, I'll bet it's right here where these three
hikers are standing!!!"  I was quite amazed that there were
actually three hikers in the picture. I couldn't find a
blaze, though. I DO think I found the campsite...off to the
left.  I still wonder if there is a privy there.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98