[at-l] Eastern Cougar Now Extinct

Dave Hicks carla_dave_hicks at verizon.net
Thu Mar 3 17:50:58 CST 2011

Re: [at-l] Eastern Cougar Now ExtinctAll I said was:

1)  that there are big cats still here in the east – eastern/western/escapees/or what ever;

2) the government has a vested interest in them not being eastern cougars;

3 “it is hard to prove a negative and they may just be extinct.”

“Could” covers a lot more ground than I need to address – especially if one considers all the possible “escapees."

Chainsaw

FWIIW – I have have also seen very large cat prints in the area -- The leading edge of the heel pad had two lobes, the center toes were not even and there were no nail marks.