[at-l] Homecoming and the Adventure Detox

Mara Factor mfactor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 14:53:53 CST 2011

What he said.

I've been back in the US from my last trip for a year and a half already and
never quite managed to settle though not for lack of trying.  Now that the
doctors have basically given up on finding out what's causing my fatigue,
I've basically given up and am already planning another trip, this time a
bit closer to home.  I expect it to be a slow trip without too much pushing
to see how much I can fit in given short periods of time here and there.  I
just can't do that anymore.

While home, I enjoyed seeing my friends and family, visiting old haunts,
dancing a bit, hiking not nearly enough, and eating at my favorite
restaurants (and finding a few new ones).  Some friends have asked about my
travel experiences.  Some could care less.  While I enjoy sharing my
experiences with others, I travel because of my own curiosity and I keep my
memories fresh by periodically perusing my own journals.

While I wish everyone would be as interested in other parts of the world,
societies, cultures, etc. as I am, I don't expect it.

Oh well.

So, I'm housesitting in Teaneck, NJ this month, then back to Boston for a
few days, and probably an eastern seaboard road trip to Florida starting in
April.  If anyone has any suggestions for things to do, people to visit, and
places to see between NY and Florida, let me know.

Mara
Stitches, AT99

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor