[at-l] Homecoming and the Adventure Detox

Cody Girl codycodygirl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 20:08:39 CST 2011

I am so glad I kept a journal because it's getting to the point where I just
talk to myself about last year's hike!  Seriously.

Today I had an interview with a recruiter which hopefully will lead to a job
eventually.  I cannot tell you how I agonized over whether or not to put AT
thru hike on my resume.  How else to explain what is well over a year,
almost 2 now, of unemployment.  And all those great qualities!   Talk about
goal oriented!

LOL!  It started out as 5 lines of valuable real estate on the resume.  I
narrowed it down to three.  Today, the recruiter told me to toss it, no one
cares.  If they want to know what I've been doing the last 19 months they
should ask me during an interview.  At that point I can tell my story "with
passion" like I told the guy today.  That's what he said anyway.  I'm not
quite as passionate about accounting, LOL!

I don't think my mom ever got around to looking at the pics, sigh.  Even my
mom has lost interest!  I can't complain tho, she dogsat and handled just
about everything logistical for me.  She did her part for which I am forever
grateful.  Still, I sure am glad I'm on this list and that sometimes stuff
like this comes up.

Cody