[at-l] lightning fatalities per capita

bluetrail at aol.com bluetrail at aol.com
Tue Mar 15 16:04:00 CDT 2011

All I know is that when the lightning storms start in Florida, it's time to get under a roof (and I don't mean a tent roof).  Fortunately, most of our lightning occurs in the summer, when it's too hot/humid to be out camping.  Summer t'storms tend to build during the day, with the peak time for them to hit being about 2:00-6:00 p.m.  The weird strikes are people hit miles away from the storm clouds.

Joan-- in the nation's lightning capitol