[at-l] ATC celebration of protected 840 acres=below White Rocks view..

Rosalind Suit rosalind.suit at verizon.net
Thu Mar 17 12:18:00 CDT 2011

Right....the celebration is close to the trailhead up to White Rocks, April 9 ....from which advantage you can view marvelous federally protected (National Scenic Trail) hardwoods instead of a 240-house development on watershed  lands that feeds the Yellow Breeches Creek and its source at Boiling Spings.  Hikes will be lead before and after the celebration...maybe 2 miles up...2 back. And it's not far from the old Center Point Knob boulder that once was faced with a bronze.  That bronze will be on display at the AT Museum this summer.....

Come on to the celebration.....things are happening in the mid-Atlantic region !!

Volunteers are wanted for a spring clean-up of the new AT Museum (that's been closed all winter), and that's happening March 25th., at 9 a.m.  Contact
Margy Schmidt,  Manager of the AT Musuem,
atmuseumgreeters at gmail.com
717-486-4083

Time to get movin', ya'll !!  I'll see you there !!

Rosie/mdhiker