[at-l] Spring

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 08:32:27 CDT 2011

--- On Mon, 3/21/11, Art Cloutman <Art at crystalacresnh.com> wrote:

> Wonderful Spring Skiing conditions here in NH yesterday, 3/20/11.
> Sunny skies, light breeze, temps around 35 degrees. So, what do we
> have in store for today, 5 to 7 inches of snow.  So it is off to the
> slopes for some sticky wet stuff.  (I'ld rather be in Georgia heading
> north.)

At 8pm Saturday night (technically still Winter), I found myself about 20' out from shore on two largish trees felled into the shallow end of a long, skinny lake, with water and wetlands all around and the skies rapidly heading towards full dark. The sound of spring peepers (etc!) was so loud, it was more *physical* than aural .... a primordial sonic massage... a wonderful, amazing thing.