[at-l] Care

RockDancer rockdancer97 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 29 12:06:55 CDT 2011

Don't know Carebear but he's not listed in either the 2007 or 2009 ALDHA
directory (the ones close at hand).

The AMC website has only that the Hut was taken apart at the end of 2010
hiker season and that (re)construction will have it ready in time for 2011
season.

"At the end of the Fall construction period the crew will "shrinkwrap" the
building for the Winter and then return in the Spring to complete
construction." They used two work crews to allow work to proceed 7
days/week.

So, there were about 15 workers involved? AMC sometimes "contracts out" to
get work done in the Whites, leaving their employees to their regular
duties. But I could imagine they would offer something to their seasonal
employees if they could do the job. The people who work as caretakers
usually have to find their own employment outside of hiker season. --RD