[at-l] Trail relo...

Dave Hicks carla_dave_hicks at verizon.net
Thu May 19 12:19:31 CDT 2011

Yup, the bow-saw doesn't have the same ring to it.  Ditto, Dbl edge
brush-ax/brush-hook (no longer allowed), scythe, bow-saw, ax, cross-cut-saw
(felling & bucking), ax, adze, pulaski, mcleod, pick-mattock hazel hoe, rock
bar, etc.  Not a power tool in the bunch, back then.

In fact, the cross-cut-saw is what got me involved, in the first place.

I got volunteered by my dad, as a teenage, to help a friend, who need an
experienced  cross-cut-saw partner.   I fell in love with the Trail, as a
maintainer.  Became a long-distance hiker quite a few years later.

FWIIW, it was my snoring that got me labeled as "Chainsaw", not experience
with one -- albeit I was later licensed as a master sawyer.

Chainsaw