[at-l] Countdown to Section Hike Summer 2011

Ofahoma ofahoma at aol.com
Tue May 31 20:46:19 CDT 2011

Hi Yall.....

No, this isn't Paula Dean...... This is your favorite section hiker Fat
Man Walking here.....

Just thought that I would give the gather assemblage an update on the
progress that I am making to getting back on the trail where sanity
reigns supreme.

On the housing front, closing on sale of our house tomorrow. Thanks be
to God!! Will stay here renting from new owners until June 11th. Then,
to an apartment while we build a new house. First one of those for
Girly Girl. So, that is fairly well put to bed. GG did tell me that she
was sorry that all of this packing up the BIG tent had messed up
packing the little tent. But, it is what it is, right? But, that is all
done but the roaring.

Then, there was that matter about Girly Girl's left shoulder and
getting rid of those pesky bone spurs. That has been done and she is
getting her game back. But, she would tell you that this has been more
difficult than she thought it was going to be. But, I have to give her
props. That woman can do more heavy liftin with a bum shoulder than
most of the men I know. So, YOU GO GIRL!!!

And, lastly there is that matter of getting the stuff off the dining
room table and into a box to ship to DWG, my starting point this year.
Also, there was that little thing of making reservations and travel
arrangements, etc.  That is all pretty much done and it is just a
matter of tying up loose ends.

I mean, can yall tell I am excited here? But, it has been an
interesting process. There was a point in time where I thought that
between selling the house, moving, looking for a place to live both
temporarily and permanently, working my job, and dealing with another
family related matter that I thought that there was no way that I would
have been able to get all this done. But, that is exactly what has
transpired. I have managed to be multi-focused and get things done that
any one of which would have overwhelmed me in another life. I truly now
understand what it means to have the strength provided ONLY by a power
greater than myself. This is one of the reasons I am looking  so
forward to my time on the trail. To totally immerse myself in the
presence of that power with nothing else to distract me from my time
with Him.

Anyway, I am inside of 30 days now and the clock is ticking. I have
been so distracted by other things that I really haven't thought about
it much. Not sure that is a good or bad thing. But, one thing I am sure
of is that I will enjoy every minute of it from the dragging myself up
and down mountains to waking at the break of day to the song of birds
in the woods and the cool of the morning air. I get chills just
thinking about it.

All is well.......

Peace.......

Da Fat Man....