[at-l] Countdown to Section Hike Summer 2011

Cody Girl codycodygirl at gmail.com
Tue May 31 22:36:20 CDT 2011

One step at a time friend, and you will be THERE!  I was thinking of you as
I drove home tonight, what with tomorrow being first of June and all, your
hike drawing so near.  You know I have struggled so much with reentry, and
for me the hike being all about simplicity, in my way anyway, and such
ultimate freedom as I have never known before.  I have felt so ... confined
... since being home, and especially of late as you know.  It's getting
worse, not better!   I have thought several times in the last few weeks of
how in 15 years I can go again, should I be so lucky, and maybe even in 10,
and how in this misery I am setting myself up to miss the joys of my life
today while I pine for some day in the future.  And then today as I thought
enviously of your upcoming hike it occurred to me just how dang lucky I was
that I got to go even just once!  Perhaps I need to adjust my point of view,
eh?  I mean, in the strangest of ways, the stars aligned for me one day and
so it happened.  So stars are busy aligning for you at this very
moment.   I'm still jealous of you of course, but so happy for you that your
days in the woods are fast approaching.  Peace to you indeed, good
friend.  So glad to hear GG is on the mend.  Give her a hug.  And say hey
for me to that brave little frog at the campsite near Rattlesnake Spring.
Cody