[at-l] WAY OFF TOPIC. . .Artemis! trojan

Linda Patton lpatton at fsu.edu
Wed Nov 9 14:30:22 CST 2011

Off topic unless it starts messing up my AT-L email. . .

After 5 years of laptopping, picked up my first malware.
I have the Artemis![followed by chain of varying alphanumeric]
trojan.  McAfee keeps popping up and telling me it 'caught'
it, but the pop-ups continue.  And, occasionally, unasked-for
web sites appear in a new Firefox tab.  I have an appointment
with a local computer shop on Monday (soonest they could
guarantee one-day turnaround), but this question arises:
Could I be in danger in the meantime??--are my keystrokes
being captured as I enter passwords/logins for online banking,
etc.?  Anyone know about "Artemis!"?

Ooops...even as I was typing this, "famoussearchsystems.com"
popped up, unasked.  I quickly closed it, but I'll bet I get another
McAfee popup in a minute.

~~ eArthworm

"Let the beauty we love be what we do." -- Rumi
Visit my website at http://booksforhikers.com