[at-l] WAY OFF TOPIC. . .Artemis! trojan

Lee Parker l.clayton.parker at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 12:46:02 CST 2011

First of all, no Linda, do NOT access any important accounts on that
computer until it is fixed. Unfortunately, I am three hours away or I would
fix it for you.

Second, as a professional security consultant, I would NEVER leave any sort
of software on a customer's computer without their explicit consent, even
something benign.

I am not terribly surprised that McAfee does not remove this, but if you
feel up to the task your "fix" can be something as simple as installing a
different tool yourself. Start by downloading either SpyBot Search and
Destroy or AVG Free, then uninstall McAfee. This is important having two of
these programs running at once can crash your computer. After uninstalling
McAfee, install the program you downloaded, both of these programs will
normally perform a scan during installation, but if it does not, just
reboot when the installation is finished and start a scan manually.

If neither of those removes it, then take it to the doctor....it is
probably beyond easy self remedy.