[at-l] Enola, PA AT attempt for Nov 10

Art Cloutman Art at crystalacresnh.com
Wed Oct 26 11:05:16 CDT 2011

Ken,
I didn't interpret the article the same way.  I think he implies that
he will get two mail drops from his brother and that he will be on
his own to resupply from the trail.  It suggests that his pack weight
will be 30 pounds and he plans to have a diet that would include
heavier food.  He could not carry a months supply of tuna and make
those kinds of miles.  Thirty days of food would come in at about 60
pounds.  I'm sure he thinks I am a "nay sayer".  It would be amazing
if he is successful but I don't believe he is giving himself a fair
chance.  Has anyone recently claimed an unsupported record?  I wish
him luck.
Gabby  AT 04.

>On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Amy Forinash
><<mailto:aeforinash at gmail.com>aeforinash at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>Wow. Um. Sixty miles a day in winter with a full pack?
>

>Yeah, and the article implies he's resupplying food only twice. That
>means he'll carry a month of food at a time? With a 32 pound pack?
>60 miles per day in winter over the Presidentials? With no support
>crew, carrying a full camping load and a winter bag (one hopes.) Wow.
>
>Interesting story.
>
>--Ken

Life is Good!!!
Art Cloutman