[at-l] Mt Washington

Art Cloutman Art at crystalacresnh.com
Tue Apr 3 08:26:39 CDT 2012

I heard on the NH news this morning that a man fell into a crevasse
yesterday while hiking in Tuckerman's Ravine on the eastern side of
Mount Washington.  Search for the unidentified man was called off
last night and I assume it will resume today.  In the past people
that have fallen into fissure in the melting snow on the side of the
mountain have been moved thousand of feet under the snow by the
rushing water. The AT used to pass down through Tucks before it was
relocated around the Great Gulf.  I brought a bunch of high school
kids up on Mt Washington one April weekend the day after a young
woman was lost in a crevasse (probably 20 years ago).  I did not hear
about the accident until after we returned from our hike.  Makes you
respect the mountain.
--

Life is Good!!!
Art Cloutman