[at-l] 20 years ago...

Mark Hudson mvhudson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 15:55:19 CDT 2012

I camped at Rufus Morgan south of the NOC.
Back in the dark ages the only place to stay at NOC was the campground...
So Treedancer, the Groundpounders, and I dropped our gear at the shelter
and headed to the NOC for a late lunch calorie load-up at the restaurant.
Spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out in the sun, watching some
canoeing, and relaxing.
Bought a pint of Cherry Garcia and carried it back out to Rufus Morgan for
dinner.... sitting on the deacon seat scarfing it down when some of the
other hikers started wandering in at the end of their day... It was worth
it just to see the look on their faces :-)

skeeter