[at-l] Book review

RockDancer rockdancer97 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 10 16:01:50 CDT 2012

I read this last August while recovering from a trail injury. I thought
Winton a surprisingly good writer; I recognized my own experiences at Walasi
Yi in his writings. (No, he didn't write about me, it just felt true to my
experiences there.)

It helps to know the cast of characters that he's writing about, that was a
lot of fun to see how they were portrayed. But, I didn't care for his
writing about himself or how he sees himself & his role at the store &
hostel. Perhaps that's best left for other writers to capture and evaluate.
--RockDancer