[at-l] It ain't the AT, but it is Mt Wash

Cody Girl codycodygirl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 20:34:00 CDT 2012

You know, in the spirit of full disclosure, you should know that my brother
came to hike the Whites with me.  He was so hoping to summit Washington
with me, but due to my unfocused manner I was just shy of Washington when
he joined me, finishing instead at Crawford Notch.  Sooooooo, we took a
zero day, and yes, I did, ride the cog railroad up the hill.  First let me
say, it was the bio diesel version so I was glad not to be spewing black
smoke all over the Whites.  And it was stupid expensive, but he was,
afterall, a tourist.  And, he had travelled all the way from New Mexico,
and by god, he was gonna see Mt Washington, in spite of his lazy sister who
had not hiked fast enough to be there when he got there!

When we went up the Cog it was a beautiful clear day, you could see for
miles and miles.  Windy as ****, but clear clear clear. Then, a few days
later, I hiked in in the mist.  Also beautiful, on a whole different level.

Sadly, I met many thruhikers I knew in the Mt Washington facility when we
came up on the cog.  Not a damn one of them mooned us on the way down.
Quite disappointing really.

Cody