[at-l] It ain't the AT, but it is Mt Wash

Art Cloutman Art at crystalacresnh.com
Thu Apr 12 11:42:04 CDT 2012

I've summited Mt Washington at least 100 times.  Three or four time
by car.  Once by cog.  The rest of the times on foot.  I ran the
Outing Club for the high school I worked in for 35 years.  Every year
the kisd wanted to climb the big one in the fall and again in the
spring. And for many summers I climbed to the summit on my own.
Sometimes I've been there backpacking but mostly on day hikes.   I've
been up there in snow and sleet, in rain and fog.  I've been up there
in extreme winds and a couple of times in the heat.  I still love to
make that trip.  On my 2004 thru hike I reached the summit and was
accosted by a man who asked me to take his picture at the summit
marker.  I told him I would not but he could take my picture because
I got there the hard way.  Then I laughed, explained, and took his
photo.

--

Life is Good!!!
Art Cloutman