[at-l] Fire Ants

Thinktraub . hikeinmountains at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 09:45:21 CDT 2012

Also if it's rained recently or the ground is moist (like in a gap),
they'll be crawling all over the place, at least in the summer.  They
migrate after it rains, and patrol every square inch of ground if it's
moist.  If it's been very dry they tend to hunker underground until it
rains.

If you step in a nest (usually but not always a mound) they'll swarm you
very quickly.