[at-l] male

Felix J AThiker at smithville.net
Mon Aug 27 16:24:10 CDT 2012

all right....here's a sad little funny story for you. Nov
14, 1998. Waynsboro, VA.  A buddy of mine picks me up at the
motel I stayed in and took me to the post office and then to
Weasie's for breakfast. I ordered breakfast and opened my
mail.  sometime between pancakes and hashbrowns I realize
that there was a package missing. It was the package with my
VA maps, a fleece hat and my winter gloves. As these were
all items I definitely wanted to have with me I had my
friend take me back to the post office after we were done
eating.

I go back in the post office, roughly 45 minutes after i was
there the first time, and talked to the same man...who made
me show ID again and all that. He goes back to where ever it
is they go to get stuff....and, got more stuff! The new
stuff STILL did not include the only package I really
wanted...my gloves, hat and maps.

SEPTEMBER of 1999....I get returned mail...FROM WAYNESBORO,
VA!  My maps, hat and gloves found their way back to my
house 10 months after they left. This raises lots of
questions for me.

Move forward to September 2011. The woman I was married to
at the time, Pilot, was thru-hiking the AT. On September 12,
2011 I mailed maps and AWOL guide pages to Waynesboro, VA
for her. The package got there on 9/15. She was due there 9/18.

August 27th, 2012...I get returned mail...FROM WAYNESBORO,
VA...her maps and guide pages. so, another package that sat
in the Waynesboro, VA post office for 10 or 11 months. This
raises lots of questions for me again.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98