[at-l] Waynesboro, VA -- Post Office

Rosalind Suit rosiesuit at live.com
Wed Aug 29 13:33:34 CDT 2012

Felix..

Waynesboro, VA  was made a "Designated Trail Community"  through the
Appalachian Trail Conservancy.. last March..it might be good to notify the
contacts at the bottom of the page  of the problem with mail from the
Waynesboro P.O....the community at large is supportive of the Trail...and
are now informed on how welcoming thru-hikers is an economic plus for them,
and is a draw for tourism,etc.   A wide-ranging committee from the
Waynesboro area were involved in the planning and carrying out of making the
town an officially designated "Trail Town."..with special signs for the
highway, etc.  It's possible that the workers at the P.O. need a "wake-up
call" to the importance of packages bearing instructions for
"holding.forwarding.etc." for a named thru-hiker.  I'm certain the community
doesn't want to get a bad name as a trail town...or, that's my suggestion.
With a large committee like this one...some of the "big-wigs" have some
persuasive power to get things done in a better manner. It just needs to be
called to their attention.

http://www.appalachiantrail.org/who-we-are/news/2012/03/08/waynesboro-virgin
ia-designated-an-appalachian-trail-community

Rosie/mdhiker