[at-l] Mooselauke

Art Cloutman Art at crystalacresnh.com
Fri Aug 31 08:44:19 CDT 2012

Did a day hike up Mt Mooselauke yesterday 8/30/12.  Hiked south bound
on the Beaver Brook Trail (AT) then returned along the same trail.  I
forget how difficult that trail continues to be.  Met 7 thru hikers
on their way north.  One, an Englishman was stopped by the side of
the trail having a spot of tea.  Two guys and a gal were leaving
Kinsman Notch just as I started my hike.  I met Keystone as he
descended from the summit and a couple of other guys.  Sorry, I
didn't remember any other  Trail names. There was a group of 10
Darmouth College kids hiking to the summit from Ravine Lodge along
the Ridge Trail onto Beaver Brook Trail.  One of the girls wanted to
know if I was carrying ski poles.  She claimed she had never been
hiking before.  My knees were screaming by the time I reached the
flatter section of the trail just before the parking lot.  Absolutely
clear sky but very strong winds as usual at the summit.  Great day on
the mountains.
--

Life is Good!!!
Art Cloutman