[at-l] Wow, a for real flame war

Dave Hicks carla_dave_hicks at verizon.net
Thu Dec 27 12:37:07 CST 2012

Worldwide,

Someone needs to check their assumptions.

I know of a triple-crowner who tends to post with his real name. I, OTOH, use my trail name but never did a thru – albeit I maintained the trail for over 50 years and sectioned hike over nearly all the AT.

I’ll be 73 in a few day, have COPD, a pacemaker, other heart problems, bad knees, and will never backpack, again. So, yes I do enjoy reading about others hikes and keeping in touch with old friends.

May you live long enough have had the experiences of some of us and be willing to share them with others; while enjoying reading of (and yes living vicariously through) others experiences.

Chainsaw