[at-l] Wow, a for real flame war

Cody Girl codycodygirl at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 13:33:46 CST 2012

I want to point out that some people come to this list because they are
dreaming of, hoping to, or planning a long distance hike.  When I first
joined this list that was me and some here extended hands of friendship,
help, and reassurance to me.  I will never forget those kindnesses.

Felix was one of those people who helped to coach me along and that is a
pretty big deal to me.  The first time I read his tj was the winter I was
planning my hike.  It set my dreams and imagination afire!  After my hike I
could appreciate different things about his story, one major thing being
how the trail had changed between the year of his hike and the year of mine.

These things are important to me and I will always appreciate that Felix
and others here freely shared their stories with me.  Who knows what new
hiker signed up on this list just today?   I like that people still help
other people along.  Why be snarky about kindness?