[at-l] Matt is correct.... now he can leave in happiness.

Dave Hicks carla_dave_hicks at verizon.net
Sun Dec 30 11:57:10 CST 2012

Matt,

I did not call you a troll, or any name.  I just disagree with you.  Big difference.

I do hope you reach my age, and when you do, that you find no insult that in fact the world has passed you by.  It will, if you live long enough.  One thing I learned was that it is better being a has-been than being a never-was.

I also hope that at my age you have as fond of memories (as I do) of the people on the trail, the people supporting the trail, the people attending trail get-togethers, the people posting on list such as this, etc.  The one thing I regret about my time on the trail(s) is that I didn’t take more pictures of the people.  In retrospect, it was the people that were more important – and that is from an introvert, who preferred hiking alone, stealth camping alone, hiking in the winter, etc.   True, I remember that there were folk who bugged me.  You know what?  I can’t really remember them.  I remember some incidents – such as a man that used my personal pulaski w/o asking and chipped the blade and broke the handle and yet another who left my personal pick-mattock up on the mountain.  But you know what, I have forgotten “who” they were.  OTOH,....  Well never mind.  But I hope you get the picture.

HYOH and let others HTOH

Chainsaw