[at-l] Fw: SoRuck

Nina Rogers infpeace at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 09:59:19 CST 2012

Sheltowee and I will be there with our little munchkin, of course. This
will be my first year in recovery with a years-long battle with workaholism
(only I didn't know I was a workaholic until very recently) and will be my
first year since 2005 that I will be at the SoRuck, 100% of me, 100% of the
time. No more dropping in for an hour or two, just so I can high-tail it
back to Franklin to get in a few more hours of work. (The boss, and the
nature of the job I've since quit, required this.) No more half-listening
to other hikers make talk while discreetly grading student essays. No more
missing events because I've crashed, exhausted, in my old Cabin C room. No
more leaving the SoRuck feeling depressed and bitter that I am chained to
my (ex-) job during the prime hiking seasons. No more of that. I am sooo
excited about seeing everyone and reconnecting--with y'all, with the Trail,
and with myself!

Nina (Waterfall)

--
Nina Rogers