[at-l] GALA kickoff at Harpers Ferry --Girl Scouts

Rosalind Suit rosiesuit at live.com
Sun Feb 19 10:48:29 CST 2012

It's quite an ambitious program the Girl Scouts have elected to do...hiking
clubs are offering hike-leader experience to scouts all up and down the AT.
I'll be there..and am organizing my club's hike leaders who are
interested..to aid troop leaders with little/no experience with the AT,
trailheads, parking, etc..they are part of the next generation of trail
builders/maintainers.  We're investing in our own future.  More people
should !!

Rosie/mdhiker

<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=http://www.publicopiniononline.com/living/
ci_19997818&ct=ga&cad=CAcQAhgAIAAoATABOAFAso2E-gRIAVAAWABiBWVuLVVT&cd=ZjOhD7
6eU9I&usg=AFQjCNFpj6H_PDydYXfxy6ZP0GlacPwrQQ> Girl Scouts to kick off their
Appalachian Trail hike at Harpers Ferry
Chambersburg Public Opinion
The Girl Scouts of the USA on March 11 will have a celebratory kick-off to a
seven-month effort to hike the entire Appalachian Trail. The event will take
place at the Appalachian Trail Conservancy's headquarters and visitor center
in Harpers Ferry.

<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=http://news.google.com/news/story%3Fncl%3D
http://www.publicopiniononline.com/living/ci_19997818%26hl%3Den%26geo%3Dus&c
t=ga&cad=CAcQAhgAIAAoBjABOAFAso2E-gRIAVAAWABiBWVuLVVT&cd=ZjOhD76eU9I&usg=AFQ
jCNFDUf4_ILiUOgXpbsqXXTPYivlrcQ> See all stories on this topic >