[at-l] It's Jan 2nd?

bluetrail at aol.com bluetrail at aol.com
Mon Jan 2 14:31:14 CST 2012

Had both knees replaced November 15.  As of December 29 (6 weeks and 3 days past surgery), doc cleared me to hike again as I feel confident to do so.  Still working on that confidence thing.  I have been hiking dirt roads in the woods for 30 minutes or so.  For now, the roots and uneveness of trails is a bit intimidating, even with my Lekis.  .

It will be at least a year before I can crawl into a backpacking tent again.

Goal for this week is to raise legs high enough to get into shower and take a shower standing up.  I'm "over" that transfer bench I've been using.  Doing therapy 3 times a week and going to those dirt roads ini the woods to walk about 5 times a week.

Hope to be doing some "real" hikes, albeit short ones, by mid to late February.

Joan
bluetrail at aol.com