[at-l] NY Hiking

Mark Hudson mvhudson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 18:37:35 CST 2012

I'm not awfully familiar with the Syracuse area, but your friend will not
be all that far away from the Finger Lakes Trail ( fosterp599 at
bellsouth.net<at-l%40backcountry.net?Subject=%5Bat-l%5D%20N%20Y%20Hiking&In-Reply-To=>).

I'm not sure of the snow cover out that way, but I don't think they have a
lot more than the rest of us. The Tug Hill Plateau is nearby (X-country
skiing and snowshowing), a bit longer of a drive to the Adirondacks if
winter climbing is more of interest...

Oh, and Syracuse has an Outing Club that will be worth checking in with :-)

skeeter