[at-l] Hiking time line?

Tom McGinnis sloetoe at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 15 10:13:26 CDT 2012

In fact, Skeets -- I wonder if losing ones long term time frame is in fact why we go in the first place.

--- On Fri, 5/25/12, Mark Hudson <mvhudson at gmail.com> wrote:

I can't be the only one that loses their long term time frame while hiking... on the AT in Georgia I couldn't believe that I needed to get to Maine, but when I got to Maine I couldn't believe that I started in Georgia, it seemed so long ago - almost a different lifetime :-)

I got a bit of that on this last hike... did I really start in a snowstorm?
I'm not the first hiker to hike in a snowstorm. I'm probably not the first hiker to pass by a murder scene where the evidence team was just finishing up.

But I may be the first hike to pass an evidence team in a snowstorm... I told them that they didn't have a choice about being out, but if I had any sense I would have been in a motel!

skeeter