[at-l] GSNP Backcountry reservation and fee system

Tim Rich athiker89 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 14:19:38 CST 2012

Backpackers creating a national stir.  Pshaw.

I love hiking, backpacking in particular.  My completion of the trail will remain a part of me for as long as I live, and I intend to hike as long as I live.

That being said, backpacking is a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny portion of the fabric of our nation.  A band of hikers bravely demonstrating against a horrible, horrible $4 fee comes up a bit short when compared to a people literally hiking for their lives.  It's an embarrassing comparison.  Those who are immersed in their tiny corners of civilization lack perspective to consider there are more important matters than free access to National Parks.  That ship sailed long ago.  That it is now on your doorstep and you screech righteous indignation only shows your ignorance of past events.

Suck it up and pay, Warren, or let this be further evidence that you be a penny pinching scofflaw.  Otherwise, selling "Occupy SNMP" T-shirts might be just the thing to get those coffers a-chinging.

Take Care,

Tim