[at-l] GSNP Backcountry reservation and fee system

Trailwife at aol.com Trailwife at aol.com
Wed Mar 7 14:31:40 CST 2012

Hey Warren

It won't be long and you can buy your Golden Age  Passport and camp in
National Parks for half price.

Old RidgeRunner

In a message dated 3/7/2012 3:20:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
athiker89 at yahoo.com writes:

Backpackers creating a national stir.  Pshaw.

I love hiking, backpacking in particular.  My completion of the  trail will
remain a part of me for as long as I live, and I intend to hike as  long as
I live.

That being said, backpacking is a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny portion of the
fabric of our nation.  A band of hikers bravely demonstrating against a
horrible, horrible $4 fee comes up a bit short when compared to a people
literally hiking for their lives.  It's an embarrassing comparison.  Those who are
immersed in their tiny corners of civilization lack  perspective to consider
there are more important matters than free access to  National Parks.  That
ship sailed long ago.  That it is now on your  doorstep and you screech
righteous indignation only shows your ignorance of  past events.

Suck it up and pay, Warren, or let this be further evidence that you be a
penny pinching scofflaw.  Otherwise, selling "Occupy SNMP" T-shirts might
be just the thing to get those coffers a-chinging.

Take Care,

Tim