[at-l] what are you reading?

Sara Wilson kyvcat at aol.com
Tue Mar 13 08:46:27 CDT 2012

I just finished In the Garden of the Beasts by Eric Larson. It was OK, but I think it could have been so much more. It details the life of new ambassador Wm. Dodd to Germany in 1933 and covers HItler’s rise to power. The bad part of the book is that it seems mostly a this happened, then that happened, then this happened, then that happened kind of book, without much analysis. It did give me insights into why the US was reluctant to oppose Hitler and insights into the way the diplomatic corps and high Nazi officials all partied together and the tensions that sometimes produced.

Vcat