[at-l] Trail Angel Needed

Besty Sevilla bvsevla258 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 24 20:27:30 CDT 2012

Hi, my name is Betsy, and I just subscribed to this mailing list today.  I don't exactly know if this is the right forum for my request, but I am going to give it a shot anyway.  My boyfriend is hiking the AT right now with his dog Rosie.  He is about 800 miles in, and is doing great, however, Rosie isn't holding up so well.  They had a couple of really long days in a row, where they went about 25 miles each day.  They normally do about 20 miles a day, but this was still pretty hard on Rosie.  Now she is feeling exhausted and a little beat up, and she is really draining the energy of Anthony, my boyfriend, because he pratically has to carry her.  Rosie could really use a few days off, but Anthony really doesn't want to stop for that long.  We are looking for a trail angel that might possibly take Rosie for a couple of days, or a week even, to let her rest.  We can pay some money, but we don't have too much.  We certainly don't have the $300 per week that
 it took to board her while he hiked through the smoky mountains.  Right now he is in Montebello, VA, almost to Shenandoah National Park.  Does anyone know anybody that might be willing to help us out.  We could really use the help right now, as Anthony's spirits are waning, and he is even considering giving up his dream of completing the AT if we cannot find somewhere for Rosie to rest.  Please get back to me asap if you know anyone or if you know somewhere else on the web that I can search.  Thanks you.
Betsy