[at-l] Rosie the dog

Jan Lite liteshoe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 14:27:02 CDT 2012

Hi,
I'm not in Virginia and not in a position to help, but I thruhiked it 2003,
as have many on this forum.
Just wanted to note that if Virginia is wearing Rosie out, it doesn't get
much easier.
No judgement, but her thruhike might be over. The White Mountains, for
example, are brutal for a dog, much less a tired one.
Just something to think about. Anthony seems to be doing fantastic, but
Rosie is in a different spot.
Best of luck,
Jan

Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 18:27:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: Besty Sevilla <bvsevla258 at sbcglobal.net>

>Hi, my name is Betsy, and I just subscribed to this mailing list today.  I
don't exactly know if this is the right forum for my request, but I am
going to give it a shot anyway.  My boyfriend is hiking the AT right now
with his dog Rosie.  He is about 800 miles in, and is doing great, however,
Rosie isn't holding up so well.  They had a couple of really long days in a
row, where they went about 25 miles each day.  They normally do about 20
miles a day, but this was still pretty hard on Rosie.  Now she is feeling
exhausted and a little beat up, and she is really draining the energy of
Anthony, my boyfriend, because he pratically has to carry her.  Rosie could
really use a few days off, but Anthony really doesn't want to stop for that
long.  We are looking for a trail angel that might possibly >take Rosie for
a couple of days, or a week even, to let her rest.  We can pay some money,
but we don't have too much.  We certainly don't have the $300 per week that
 it took to board her while he hiked through the smoky mountains.  Right
now he is in Montebello, VA, almost to Shenandoah National Park.  Does
anyone know anybody that might be willing to help us out.  We could really
use the help right now, as Anthony's spirits are waning, and he is even
considering giving up his dream of completing the AT if we cannot find
somewhere for Rosie to rest.  Please get back to me asap if you know anyone
or if you know somewhere else on the web that I can search.  Thanks you.
Betsy

--
"The Ordinary Adventurer"
A new backpacking adventure book