[at-l] '90 PG

Weathercarrot - weathercarrot at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 30 16:25:00 CDT 2012

The Old  RidgeRunner writes:

------------------------------
I hiked  in 1986 and used the "PG" which I believed to be the third bound
edition, 1984  being the first year of the little book. I thought there were
only two or three  years of the "two mimeographed page edition". If so there
would be no 1978  edition. Has anyone checked the Yearbook to see when the
Philosopher made  his first Thru Hike?

If I remember correctly, The Philosopher hiked the AT in 1980, and then there were 10 editions of
the guide (81-90). But I believe the first few editions were known as the bootleg guide, and
expanded to become the Philosopher's Guide when ATC started publishing it.

wc