[at-l] PG excerpts, section VII - NY/CT to MA/VT

Allen Freeman allen at allenf.com
Sun May 13 10:34:43 CDT 2012

I remember it well. What a shame it burned down. In the winter of '90
- '91 or maybe '91 - '92, somebody got carried away with a fire in the
fireplace and the whole place burned down.

Silver Hill is at the north end of the flat walk along the west bank
of the Housatonic River. Heading north you leave the river and climb
to the west to get to Silver Hill.

When my daughter was little I used to take her and her friends up
there to camp. They loved playing on the swing and pumping water out
of the rock.

I camped there on my '09 thru-hike and it was one of the very few
nights that I camped all alone.
--
~~~~~
Allen F. Freeman